Turn an empty tin of tomatoes into a fabulous outdoor lantern - just what my little garden needs... A bit more twinkle!
What you will need:
- Used and empty aluminium can;
- Soapy water;
- Felt-tip pen;
- A pattern - we used a heart;
- 1 metre of ribbon (the prettier the better)
- Electric drill;
- Narrow drill bit;
- Safety glasses;
How to make a lantern from an aluminium can
- Soak tin in soapy water to loosen the label.
- Using the pen, mark your pattern on the side of the tin and two evenly spaced points at the rim for a ribbon handle.
- Insert a narrow bit into an electric drill and carefully drill a series of holes in the tin. Handle with care as the inside will be sharp.
- Thread ribbon through the two holes at the rim and knot.
- Place a tea-light inside (carefully) and hang from a branch in the garden.
AND... Wallah!! Fabulous lighting for any occassion. I perhaps will change mine up a bit with some pretty, girly ribbon! Kellie xx
From here. x